Translate

Monday, April 3, 2017

The Ring of the Queen!









She wanted to learn more about Russian History

Stacey had learned a lot about Soviet History from her grandma during her life.  When her grandma died and gave her a mysterious Russian looking ring, she decided that she wanted to learn more.  She wanted to know about the Tsars that once ruled Russia and the ring that her grandma had given her.  During her first year in college, she goes to Moscow University to take a January Term class about the Tsars.
What Stacey finds out is that the ring is an ancient right to the throne of Russia and that she is the last surviving direct connection to the Romanovs.  There is a Tsarist movement that wants her in power, and a President that wants her gone.  This leads Stacey, her friend Tania, her teacher Steve, and the new man in her life, Peter on an adventure across western Russia.
As Stacey tries desperately to exit the country and return home, she makes her way to several towns, museums, and palaces that teach her the history that she went there to learn.  As the game continues, Stacey has to find a way to save the lives of her new friends, and make her way home.  Will she give President Yuri Kostov the ring that her grandma left her, or will she find a way to keep her family history in tact so that she can come back and battle the corrupt President another time?
The Ring of the Queen is the first book of a trilogy about a young girl and a rite of passage that will take her from her home in rural Indiana to the leader of all Russia.  It's an adventure like no other, from a history like none other.

I know that this blog is about travel, but I have to say that after 40 years, I finally did it!  I published a novel.  It has a lot of action and adventure and takes place in one of the most mystical and exotic places on Earth...Russia.  I hope that you will check it out.  It's on Createspace and will soon be on Kindle and Amazon.

Just to let you know, Nina Kindred is the pen name that Fictionpress assigned to me lo these 13 years ago, and it is not my real name.  


Terri Dixon is the well traveled internet writer, blogger, and photographer known as Nina Kindred.  She has written over 12 stories on Fictionpress since 2004.  The Ring of the Queen is her first self published full length novel.  She has been writing her weekly travel blog, "Adventures for Anyone" on Blogger for five years.  She has been showing and selling her photography on Cafepress, Zazzle, and Pixels for several years.  When she is not traveling, writing, working, or taking photos, she is spending time with her husband and son in the Northwest Hills of Connecticut where she lives.


I certainly hope that everyone will like the story.  I hope to continue to write and edit the stories that have already been written.  I have loved writing stories since I was 8 years old.  I won't say how long that's been, but it's been a really long time.  I am very happy right now, and I can't wait to see how it goes.

Don't worry though.  I will continue to write my little blog as well, and tomorrow should see another entry for travel from Adventures for Anyone. 

 https://www.createspace.com/7059989
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1520990944
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06Y17BJP8




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear thoughts about the places in this blog. Feel free to converse on what you read. Check out my other locations and enjoy the ride.