Translate

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Another Year had Passed

As I come to another birthday, I have a lot to think about. All of the things that I have accomplished, the things I have not accomplished, and the effect that Covid-19 has had on the last year of my life.
I have family all over. That makes the virus difficult, because I can't visit them. My son is away at college and I worry about him during this. I'm older and my birthday reminds me just how old I really am, especially where this virus is concerned. My mother is quite elderly and living through this virus alone. There are a lot of things to be fearful of the in the world that we are dealing with today.
It's during this time that I realize how much family and friends mean, and how little everything else means. I've taken leave of telling my stories that don't seem to thrill anyone and am writing the life story of a dear friend. It gets me through. These are difficult times, and we need to do whatever we can to get through. We also still need to be aware of the problem; follow the rules, such as wash your hands, don't overexpose in public, wear a freaking mask. This too shall pass at some point. Don't be selfish. Think of the greater good.
Take some time off from gathering. Be introspective. Go outside and enjoy nature. It's good for you. I've done this. I've reprioritized. I've seen the light.
Above is a link to a story in its roughest form that I am writing for a friend. She is fascinating, and she has lived many lives. I only hope that I am doing her story justice. You can check it out at the link over on Fictionpress. I would love to hear your thoughts.

I will leave you with some of the amazing sights that I have seen this fall. Enjoy!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear thoughts about the places in this blog. Feel free to converse on what you read. Check out my other locations and enjoy the ride.