Translate

Friday, August 21, 2026

All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun! This Week's Fast Five!

 This is that time of year when my birthday is coming up and I get that urge to do something a little nutty.  Here are some amazing play time activities for young ones and adults alike.  Yes, I've done a couple of these.




























1.    Long Tom Toboggan Ride, Misty Mountain on the Panorama Route, South Africa.  This is quite a ride.  1.7 kilometers long, down the side of a mountain going potentially 45 miles an hour on a monorail.  This is like a mountain coaster on steroids.  It's the longest ride of its kind in Africa.  It costs about $20 per ride.  




This one I haven't done, simply because I've never been to South Africa.  Here's the thing.  People will say it isn't safe.  The company says it's meticulously maintained.  Use your own brand of caution.  There's no way to promise that people won't get hurt on such a thing.  Use you best judgement.  Nothing is perfect.



That being said, there are other things at Misty Mountain.  They have tours, hiking, scooters, lodging and more.  It's a great stop in the middle of the beautiful Panorama Route.




https://www.longtomtoboggan.co.za/toboggan.html  




https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RuIn83CQyp4   




https://www.mistymountain.co.za/activities.html   




https://www.trip.com/travel-guide/attraction/rhenosterhoek/long-tom-toboggan-at-misty-mountain-61818781/  




http://www.melanievanzyl.com/adventures/an-adventurers-guide-to-the-panorama-route   





























2.    The Canopy Tour, Rainforest Adventures, St. Lucia.  Yes, I did this one.  This place is fabulous.  We drove there on our own, but it might have been wise to take a tour out of Marigot Bay, the north end of the island or Castries.  The driving is a bit athletic.  



Starting at about $60 per person, depending on the package you get, you can have a great time flying through the rainforest.  They give instructions and some training on the ground at a low flying test site before you take the cable car up to the top.  You always have a guide with you and it is so much fun.  Sightseeing plus adventure all in one.  I really enjoyed it a lot.  




It takes about two hours to do the whole thing, and there are 16 platforms and 8 different zip lines.  There's a lot to see as you're flying around up there.  If you're going to St. Maarten, or Costa Rica; check into the same company there!




https://rainforestadventure.com/#   




https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g8843287-d2267862-Reviews-Rainforest_Adventures_St_Lucia-Rodney_Bay_Gros_Islet_Quarter_St_Lucia.html  




http://www.ouredventures.com/activities-3/rainforest-adventures-in-st-lucia-251650   




https://stlucia.org/en/itinerary-nature-rainforest-adventure/   




https://www.viator.com/tours/St-Lucia/St-Lucia-Aerial-Tram-and-Rainforest-Tour/d38-5189STAT   



























3.    The Cata-monster Dual Zipline, Catamount Ski Resort, Massachusetts.   New England ski resorts are always looking for something to have for people to do year round.  Zip Lines have been a big one and they don't come bigger than the Cata-monster.  It's just over a mile long and goes up to 55 miles per hour.  It's the longest dual zip line in the United States.  It takes almost two hours to do the whole experience.  You have a safety and fitting sessions, then you take the chair lift up to the starting point.  You do the other zip lines and then you strap in to the Cata-monster and take the mile or so ride down the mountain.




Yes, I did this one and it was absolutely thrilling!  Prices start at $99 per person, with it being more on the weekends.  There are also other activities at Catamount in the summer like hiking, biking and so on.  There are also some events on weekends in the summer.  I had a great time at this one, and it's really not that scary.




https://catamountski.com/summer/catamonster-zip-tour  




https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g47899-d2227163-Reviews-Catamount_Aerial_Adventure_Park-Hillsdale_New_York.html   




https://columbiacountytourism.org/business/catamount-ski-area/   




https://www.newyorkupstate.com/things-to-do/2021/09/wheres-the-longest-zipline-in-the-us-youve-never-seen-new-york-like-this-video.html   




https://www.expedia.com/Catamount-Aerial-Adventure-Park-Hillsdale.d553248621532664791.Vacation-Attraction?semcid=US.UB.GOOGLE.DL-DSA-c-EN.PACKAGE&semdtl=a114123493019.b1124072454063.g1aud-2051518675148:dsa-1392933267286.e1c.m1CjwKCAjw7p_UBhBlEiwAhpIs7wGrDiZmhAsXLlxGC_kCvAGwKyFlIXADizf3xF77Luy4ynTIpFzEXxoCTtQQAvD_BwE.r1.c1.j19003419.k1.d1660685802137.h1.i1.l1.n1.o1.p1.q1.s1.t1.x1.f1.u1.v1.w1&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=14123493019&gbraid=0AAAAACTxZ9bIooOTT_4InOfzKA5nrVUgQ&gclid=CjwKCAjw7p_UBhBlEiwAhpIs7wGrDiZmhAsXLlxGC_kCvAGwKyFlIXADizf3xF77Luy4ynTIpFzEXxoCTtQQAvD_BwE   



























4.    The High Flyer, Foxwoods Resort Casino, Connecticut.  It's right nearby, but no, I haven't done this...yet.  I plan to actually.  I just haven't gotten there.  This is something to add to your concert and gambling trip.  Foxwoods is known for having a lot of different things to do.  It's quite the playground, largely for adults, but you can bring the kids too.  This is just that one more thing after gambling, a show, good food, shopping, go karts, and so much more.




It's dubbed the only rooftop zipline in America.  It's located in the middle of it all at the Fox Tower Hotel.  You start 350 feet up and take off.  Four people can ride at one time as they have four zip lines.  That's a lot.  It goes for about a mile, and up to 60 miles per hour.  There's a training session and safety before you go and the whole experience lasts at least an hour.  Prices start at $65 per person. and it looks like a lot of fun.  There's a lot to do at Foxwoods; I even hear they opened a Great Wolf Lodge.  




https://foxwoodshighflyer.com/    




https://foxwoods.com/activity/highflyer-zipline   




https://ctvisit.com/listings/highflyer-zipline-foxwoods-resort-casino  




https://thisismystic.com/to-do/recreation/highflyer-zipline-at-foxwoods/   




https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g33831-d14141254-HighFlyer_Zipline_at_Foxwoods-Mashantucket_Mystic_Country_Connecticut.html   




























5.    The Tobotronc Mountain Coaster, Andorra.  I couldn't write a post like this without mentioning this one.  It's on by bucket list.  We've all seen mountain coasters and alpine coasters and whatever you wish to call them.  This one is simply the longest one in the world.




This Alpine Coaster goes 3.3 miles (5.3 km; 1.7 km up and the rest not) down 400 feet of elevation drop through the La Rabassa Forest.  It winds, it glides, and the views are fabulous along the way.  The speed?  That's up to you.  Mountain Coasters are self regulated by the rider.




Starting at roughly $50 per person, you can buy a package.  I'm not sure that you can just buy a ticket for a ride on the Tobotronc.  There are other activities at Naturland and they all look fun.  Prices go up as you add more activities, but most of them include a ride on Tobotronc.




https://web.naturland.ad/en    




https://web.naturland.ad/en/activities/tobotronc  


 


https://visitandorra.com/en/nature--sports/tobotronc-at-naturland/   




https://www.themeparkjames.co.uk/theme-parks/europe/andorra/naturland/rides/tobotronc/   




https://evendo.com/locations/andorra/sant-julia-de-loria/landmark/tobotronc   




There you have it.  Just in case you were looking for some cool rides to enjoy the outdoors.  There's nothing quite like flying through the trees or gliding down a mountain.  There's nothing wrong with a little adrenaline rush.


If you'd like to see what I'm doing at the current time, check out my YouTube Channel, Adventures for Anyone with Terri Dixon.  That's me!



https://www.youtube.com/@adventuresforanyone2026  



Never stop adventuring and for God's sake, never act your age!  It's just not fun!  Thanks for joining me!  Follow for more, and subscribe to the YouTube Channel for more on New York City & the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear thoughts about the places in this blog. Feel free to converse on what you read. Check out my other locations and enjoy the ride.